CircUse will also be strongly influenced by the goal to create climate beneficial land use structures – either passively through decreasing the energy consumption by traffic or natural soil protection or actively by energy production on land integrated in temporal or final land use options. Instruments will be provided by the concept of Circular Land Use Management as an integrative policy and governance approach.
CircUse will contribute to achieve the general spatial objective of "developing polycentric settlements structures and territorial cooperation". This will be adressed by the following project objectives:
- support of sustainable land use change (e.g. by new concepts and information tools),
- reduction of land consumption (e.g. by integration of planning instruments, soil protection tools and brownfield revitalisation measures),
- increase of private investment in inner development (e.g. by risk transparency),
- coordination of public interventions and funding (including ERDF) (e.g. by local investment task forces),
- coordination of investments in greenfield, greyfield and brownfield sites to ensure cost efficient settlements (e. g. by local and regional planning).
Circuse will provide an integrated strategic and institutional framework for the urban and regional level and will support the effective use of ERDF funding by local and regional stakeholders in the period 2014–2020.